- Workshops / Keynotes
- The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- What to Do When the Kids are Losing It:
Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
- Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Discipline Strategies that 'Fit' Each Child
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Why Do You Act that Way? Effective Strategies for Introverts and Extroverts to Work Together
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation:
Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles: Secrets to Effective Discipline
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
What do you do when the independent, capable child becomes unable to accomplish simple tasks or doesn't want you to leave him? Why does a child suddenly find it difficult to fall asleep? What do you do when the child who used to get along with everyone else is suddenly the "troublemaker" or simply refuses to participate at all? Why does a child suddenly start to "lose it" whenever there is a surprise or change in plans?
Children rarely tell us they are stressed with words. Instead they become argumentative, find the simplest tasks overwhelming and feel anxious and uncomfortable.
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka to discover:
- The symptoms of stress in children's "challenging behaviors"
- The link between adults' stress and children's
- Tested techniques for soothing and calming
- Why supporting children is not "spoiling them"
- Tools for enhancing children's resiliency